In honor of the monster let's prepare some food. Calmari Fritto - Fried Calamari
• 1/2 to 1 pound calamari sliced into rings
• 1 cup flour
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tsp cayenne pepper
• Enough vegetable oil to fill bottom of heavy skillet to 1/2"
1. Clean calamari and keep chilled.
2. Mix flour, paprika and cayenne in shallow bowl.
3. Heat oil to 375 degrees.
4. Toss a handful of calamari with flour, shake off excess.
5. Fry for 3 or 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and salt to taste.
Note: Serve warm with fresh lemon slices
tidbit: Calamaro is singular, Calamari is plural.
Sidenote: I'm currently reading "The Search For The Giant Squid" by Richard Ellis.
Photo AFP - Morro Bay, CA.